Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Charli or is it Jillz?





Women are often forgotten when talking about beer, don’t you think so?  Of course women can drink beer and there does not have to be a difference between beer for men and beer for women, but when you take a look at this from a marketing kind of view, women are not often targeted. However there are a few beer companies who tried to target especially women for example Heineken. Charli was created by Heineken in 2007, the beer combines cider, barley malt and fruit flavours. This beer was meant as an alternative to white wine, it contains 5% alcohol. Heineken adapted its way of communication for the beer so that it would be attractive for women by creating a sexy tap for Charli and the beer was packaged in attractive bottles. Nowadays, 6 years later Charli has a new name, namely Jillz.




However Heineken was not the first brewery to launch a beer for female beer lovers there is  also Karla (Germany) and Karmi (Poland). Are there any women or maybe men, who already heard about this beers or tried them already? Me personally… I never had heard of them before today, but if I would see one of these beers on the shelves in the supermarket I would definitely  buy one to try one.

Enjoy your evening!



Cheers,

Dominique

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Great post. I actually wanted to ask today if you can recommend any beers for female :) So, have you already tried Jillz and can you say something about the taste? The ad of the drink includes apples, so I assume it is apple flavour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria, thank you so much for your response. In Belgium we have Kriek Belle-Vue, it is a beer based on cherries. It is not specifically for women, but women mostly drink it so I would recommend it to you. It is really fruity and sweet!

    I would also like to try Jillz, because I presume it has a nice taste. The beer is indeed based on a fruity apple flavor.

    Are you willing to try it or are you more the for the cherry beer?

    Cheers,

    Dominique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dominique, thanks for you answer:)
    In general I'm not a big beer drinker but when I drink a beer it has to be fruity and sweeter than the standard beers. So I think the cherry one could be really tasty but apple also sounds very refreshing. I will definitely be on the lookout for it the next time I buy a beer.

    ReplyDelete